First I used the crane to haul the top half of the headstock onto the
Bridgeport and aligned things so I could cut away the munged up key and
open up the keyway for a 1/4" key. The old key was ground off
sort-of flush with the shaft so a gear could be fit onto the shaft &
locked with a dutchman screw. American Tool Works did such a
fantastic job fitting the key that it wasn't coming out. The new
pulley uses a 1/4" key, so I figured I'd cut away the old key and open
up the slot all at once.
I took this photo before things were trammed and locked down for the
Came out nicely. Since I had to bore the pulley hub to fit the
shaft, the mateing keyway is shallower by .030". So once I fit
I milled off the top.
And it fit on the first try- for once... :)
And the top half of the headstock finally goes on!